cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS WARNING V-16-1-10159

learning_verita
Level 3

Hey Guys 

What are the probable cause this error, I know how to resolve it but wanna reason of this error 

my environment was having CVM two node cluster..

:sh# hagrp -online etlprdbos1 -sys lab1
VCS WARNING V-16-1-10159 Group etlprdbos1 is auto-disabled in cluster. This can happen if group is not probed on all alive nodes in group's SystemList or VCS engine is not running on all alive nodes in group's SystemList

thxs in advance 

1 REPLY 1

TomerG
Level 6
Partner Employee Accredited Certified
Autodisabled is VCS's way of saying that it may not be safe to start a service group. It can happen because:
  • The service group has a resource that is in an unknown state on at least one of the machines (one or more resources cannot be probed... i.e. monitored)
  • Agent can't start on one of the nodes... hence we cannot probe the status of the resource, since that's the agent's job
  • HAD (High Availability Daemon) is not running on one of the machines, which again means we can't probe the states of the resources, since HAD controls the agents that monitor them
  • There has been a set of private (heartbeat) network failures, where we transitioned to the 'jeopardy' state (one heartbeat left) and then that heartbeat failed... now this node doesn't know the state of the remote node (and hence can't talk to HAD, and can't talk to agents, and has no idea of the state of the app there).

All these things had the same thing in common: we do not know the status of something, so think it may not be safe to let you online the resource... best to fix the underlying cause.