cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High memory utilization on agent after DI scan

dig1tal
Not applicable

Is it typical for an agent to have the memory pegged after a DI scan has been completed?  

I have a Windows 2008 R2 Fileserver that has the memory consistently high at 96% (9.6GB of 10GB utilized) during and after a DI scan.

Before the scan, there was 6.6GB of 10GB memory available.   It would seem that the memory doesn't free up and a reboot of the agent is the fix.

DI server/agent - 3.0.1.2511(30RU1)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rod_p1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Dig1tal it is worth noting that there is a newer version of the software for your environment. The latest release is included as a free upgrade to your software with your maintenance agreement and can be down loaded off the Internet from the Symantec Operations Readiness Tools (SORT) website. the direct link is https://sort.symantec.com/patch/detail/7622 and the instructions are included.

You will upgrade your Management Server (MS) where the console is installed, upgrade your agent collector and then upload the agent packages to your collectors for pushing them out to the Winnas servers. I have assumed monitoring since the server's CPU remains busy after the scan is completed so the application would be monitoring for events occurring on the systems.

Note: I strongly suggest upgrading your entire environment with all collector and indexer worker nodes, each device agent for SharePoint and Window File Server.

If after you have a current environment installed the problem remains an issue for you, then we can progress to deeper troubleshooting and I can point out what to verify in the application and which log snippets I will need to provide further advice.

Of course at any time you have the option to initiate a Symantec Support case for Symantec DataInsight (SDI) to work the issue directly with support technicians.

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. If you have already completed a support case feel free to reply to the community with your feedback to strengthen the group.

ROD

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rod_p1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Dig1tal it is worth noting that there is a newer version of the software for your environment. The latest release is included as a free upgrade to your software with your maintenance agreement and can be down loaded off the Internet from the Symantec Operations Readiness Tools (SORT) website. the direct link is https://sort.symantec.com/patch/detail/7622 and the instructions are included.

You will upgrade your Management Server (MS) where the console is installed, upgrade your agent collector and then upload the agent packages to your collectors for pushing them out to the Winnas servers. I have assumed monitoring since the server's CPU remains busy after the scan is completed so the application would be monitoring for events occurring on the systems.

Note: I strongly suggest upgrading your entire environment with all collector and indexer worker nodes, each device agent for SharePoint and Window File Server.

If after you have a current environment installed the problem remains an issue for you, then we can progress to deeper troubleshooting and I can point out what to verify in the application and which log snippets I will need to provide further advice.

Of course at any time you have the option to initiate a Symantec Support case for Symantec DataInsight (SDI) to work the issue directly with support technicians.

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. If you have already completed a support case feel free to reply to the community with your feedback to strengthen the group.

ROD

AllMighty
Not applicable
Hello Dig1tal, What are you scanning? Is it active directory or share? Which process is holding on to memory (before and after the scan) ? [Task Manager o/p sorted by "Mem Usage" Column]