cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO7.6 question

xavi00
Not applicable

1. How many clients does 1 admin console DLO 7.6 support?

2. Is your deduplication variable or static and if it is static what is the smallest bit that will be backed up?

3. I see i can load all DLO services on one machine. Can you provide a breakdown on how many endpoint or users were this is not recommended?

For example Should i not exceed more than 500 users before needing another admin console or need to seperate the deduplication server?

4. If i have multiple global locations do you recommend more than one Admin console?

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

1) Each DLO Admin server can support upto 15000 clients

2) DeDup starts off with a fixed chunk size of 2GB, however this is flexible if the file size is larger.

Note: Having a smaller chunk size does not mean if the file is smaller than 2GB will not be backed up. It will be backed up. Secondly, DLO DeDupe works on file-level and not sub-file level ,so the question of the smallest bit isnt applicable.

3) A single admin console is enough for ~ 15000 clients and multiple sites. If using multiple sites with a slow or limited bandwidth, then you can setup the DLO storage location and the DLO Maintenance server at each of those sites. There is no minimum number as such, it usually depends upon your bandwidth.

4) A single admin console is enough for multiple sites. It does not depend upon number of sites, but rather the number of clients at each site. Each server can support upto 15000 clients. If the client count is more than 15000, then additional admin console is required.