cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Service hung on starting

Tim_Pfaff
Level 2
Partner Accredited
I have a new installation of Enterprise Vault 6.0 SP1. Exchange 2000 & SQL are on separate servers. The EV server is:

Windows 2000 SP4
EV 6.0 SP1
Outlook 2003 SP2

When the server reboots I get an error that a service failed to start. There is an error in the system event log that the Admin service hung on starting:

Service Control Manager
Event ID 7022

The Enterprise Vault Admin Service hung on starting

About 3-4 seconds later there is a message in the application log that the Admin service has completed its checks and started successfully. Checking the services shows that it is indeed started. Unfortunately, the remaining EV services (Directory, Indexing, Shopping, Storage, and Task) do not start automatically (even though they are set to.) When started manually they start with no problems or errors.

I’ve added a dependency to the Admin service to try and start it later in the boot process:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/193888/en-us

I’ve also disabled Symantec Antivirus without a difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to change to get the other services to start on their own? The administrator here doesn’t want to worry about starting services manually if the server reboots for some reason.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Might be worth checking the "Log on as batch process". For the security settings of the server, Make sure the VSA has rights. If you reset the Vault Service Account password in the Vault Admin console it should correct any missing permission.

Worth a shot!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Might be worth checking the "Log on as batch process". For the security settings of the server, Make sure the VSA has rights. If you reset the Vault Service Account password in the Vault Admin console it should correct any missing permission.

Worth a shot!

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Sounds like a problem to me I suggest you log a support call.