cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA (5.1 SP4)

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6
Are any of you familiar with the latest version of CA (5.1 SP4)?
If you've run the upgrade, what were your experiences? Do I run the risk of losing any of my current configurations?
One thing I'm not clear on is, in the documentation for the upgrade, it refers to upgrading the Journaling Connector. Is this the same thing as the Journaling Service? I assume so; I just want to be sure.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
as long as you back up your database and make copies of your config files you will be ok. the config files are complianceservice.exe.config and web.config, just put them in a back up folder somewhere. To update the journal connector, on the EV Server stop the Journal service and run the ca setup.exe on the vault server. You might have to choose custom and then only leave the check for journal connector checked. (this is assuming CA and EV are on seperate servers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
as long as you back up your database and make copies of your config files you will be ok. the config files are complianceservice.exe.config and web.config, just put them in a back up folder somewhere. To update the journal connector, on the EV Server stop the Journal service and run the ca setup.exe on the vault server. You might have to choose custom and then only leave the check for journal connector checked. (this is assuming CA and EV are on seperate servers.

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6
Thanks for the info..
I will give this a try and let you know how it goes

Assuming I just run the update, will it erase my current config and then I need put back my own config files, or will it (more than likely) keep my config in place?Message was edited by:
Andrew Tankersley

TonySterling
it should keep all the data in the config file, I just like to have a backup! :)