cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot enable mailbox for archive

vilowek
Level 2

Hi,

I cannot enable archives for new mailboxes in SEV, after selecting the mailbox i got error message: "An error occurred enabling the mailbox 'Smith, John' Error: The parameter is incorrect.". On the same time i have information that some of the "There are 15599 savesets that have not yet been backed up or replicated for Vault Store". I use A atributte method to verify SEV backup, backup is working fine. I have also used bat to clean A attribute from DVS files, but it didn't change anything.

My configuration is:

Single Exchange 2010 server (CAS,HUB,Store)

Single SEV Server with SEV Sev 9.0.0.1193 and SQL 2005 Standard.

7 REPLIES 7

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

You are going to need to dtrace agent client broker whilst trying to enable this problem mailbox

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi There

If you run the provisioning task in report mode and look for the user that you are trying to enable what is reported? 

vilowek
Level 2

Hi, i'm not sure how to run it for just one user. When i click run on the provisioning task and click report mode then it just run without any further questions. Anyway after this i see error in event viewer: The Exchange mailbox provisioning task found enabled mailboxes that are not part of a provisioning group. These mailboxes cannot be archived. If you do not want these mailboxes to be archived, use the Administration Console to disable them. See the provisioning task report for further details (full reports only).

The problem is related to all mailboxes, just like SEV stopped accepting new mailboxes for the archive.

Regarding trace i attach file with logs when i try to add mailbox to the SEV - exntetion is changed to doc, couldn't attach *.log file.

I see now also some events regarding connection (not sure if related):

ID 8390

The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryConnection object reported error. An attempt was made to move an ArchiveFolder beneath itself (hierarchy inversion).

ID 8391

The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryService object reported error. An attempt was made to move an ArchiveFolder beneath itself (hierarchy inversion).

EDIT

OK, i have found reports for provisioning task. For this test mailbox it loosk ok:

Sharif,OU=Users,OU=NY,OU=USA,DC=abccompany,DC=CORP              Updated mailbox
10:39:33               2              USA           OU=USA,DC=abccompany,DC=CORP Default Exchange Mailbox Policy             Default Exchange PST Migration Policy      CN=Galkowski\, Tomasz,OU=AVS,OU=WSUS-Test,OU=Servers,OU=NY,OU=USA,DC=abccompany,DC=CORP              Updated mailbox

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Well it is updating the mailbox, have you tried adding the mailboxes into the provisioning group via users?

Its not the recommend fix but it might help us work out why it is giving grief.

With regard to the errors it looks like there might need to make a policy change.

Is the following setting enabled?

Mailbox Policy->Moved Items->Update archive location for items moved in mailbox

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Check your permissions to Exchange 2010, try running the Deployment Scanner to make sure that it doesn't complain about Send As/Receive As permissions, also look at the Event Viewer on the Exchange Server, as that might give you some clues

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi vilowek Can you run the following SQL script? USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory SELECT * FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry WHERE (LegacyMbxDN LIKE '%USERNAME%') If you don't mind letting me know what the results are that would be great.

vilowek
Level 2

Hi so:

- Tried the script but 0 rows affected.

- Check permissions with deployment scanner and everything looks fine, no info in evenr viewer regarding permissions.

- Regarding policies i have only Default Exchange Policy in "Polocies\Exchange\Mailbox"

Beucase i'm going anyway to upgrade to version 10 - which requires new server installation, i thinking that maybe this will solve the problem.