cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client driven .pst migration - Possible to exclude .pst files like Sharepoint?

JesperBondesson
Level 2
Hello,
We just started testing EnterpriseVault and client driven .pst migration when we ran into an interesting problem. If you run Outlook2007 and Sharepoint 2007 a local .pst file is created. This is used to allow offline content from Sharepoint Sites. EV will archive this and delete the .pst file called Sharepoint.pst. Outlook 2007 will respond by creating a new Sharepoint.pst file and start synchronize all offline content from Sharepoint. Later EV will archive this into a new folder and delete the file.

Is there a way to stop this? I would like to have this sharepoint.pst file but I don't want EV to archive it.

Another similar issue are RSS feeds these will also be archived.
8 REPLIES 8

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi

This is an interesting one.
Could you please state the EV Server/Client Version you have?

I think this is a bug and has to be filed with Symantec.
Could you do that and update us on the progress?

/Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

JesperBondesson
Level 2
We are using EV 2007, tried to apply the SP1 but it failed, but that is a different issue. I will file this issue with Symantec in December, when Symantec representatives are on site.

I will post the result, if any after that

MichelZ
Level 6
Thanks

I would very appreciate that.

Cheers
Michel

IRISH
Level 2
Hi I was woundering if there was any further informatin on how to prevent EV from archiving sharepoint list.pst files?

Is there an exclusion setting that can be used?

Thanks

Irish

MichelZ
Level 6
Nope, you can't... sorry

JesperBondesson
Level 2
Sorry for not being more active on this thread. As Michaelz said it does not seem to be possible. We decided not use client-driven migration. I talked to a Symantec consultant but he was not aware of this problem or a solution to it.

Staun
Level 3
BUMP Any news on this? I just noticed our archive-eventviewer catches these files. (I too was looking for a solution to exclude a PST-file for our users private mails

Chris_Harrison
Level 5
Employee

Hiya,

This is down as an open defect. My advice if you really need Sharepoint PSTs excluded would be to open a support case and get it escalated, reference etrack 1427271.

Otherwise you could work around the issue by specifying a search location for client PSTs or perhaps remove the SQL entries from the appropriate tables to ensure they are not migrated...not a great idea but certainly an option.

Chris