cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt files on bulk recall using robocopy on EV 8.0 sp2

Jetpilot
Level 3
 The file server is Windows 2003.  When recalling a large amount of files,  all archived files are corrupted. For exampel Excel files kick an error that "the file is not in a recognizable format" and Word files open up but are full of square boxes.  If we use standard windows explorer copy than it is no problem to copy or move files. But we have built a hta application that we use to move cataloges between diffrent servers, and that application is using robocopy to manage this. I have found a article about this http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/289435.htm but i can´t understand why it has worked for several years and suddenly stopped worked now. We have not do anything to our systems when it stopped working.

Does anyone have any idea about this?

Regards
2 REPLIES 2

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi Have you increased the recall limt? Maybe this has something to do with it. Check this: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/283467.htm Maybe you should dtrace it while running your application to see what's wrong. Robocopy is usually able to succesfully copy/move archived files, afaik. cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Jetpilot
Level 3
Hi

Yeah i have increased the values. Yesterday i closed a case around this. The strange thing here was that we have a HTA application that we have build to move users homedirectories between diffrent locations depending of where they are working. We have run this for 3-4 years without any problem but suddenly it stopped working and when it stopped working we haven´t change anything in our systems. In the HTA application we used robocopy with /COPYALL (and that has been working before) but we where forced to use /COPY:DTSOU to get this working again. We also get some tools from symantec to reverse the offline attribute becuase files har been recalled with the "wrong" /copyall switch and what was happend was that the file was recalled but the attribute was still marked as offline.

Cheers