cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting "Groups" in Oulook with EV Extensions installed.

Brian_Day
Level 6
Has anyone found a way around this? My pilot users are irritated that they can no longer delete by group.

Running EV 7.0 SP1 today, but may upgrade to EV 2007 before we release this to production.

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
What client are you using? 

This was fixed in the EV 7.0 client.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Assuming you are running V7 client, this can occur I believe if you have 'delete means delete' functionality enabled in EV.  IE if you want EV to delete the archived item, when you delete the shortcut.  Is that what you have configured?

Brian_Day
Level 6
This is correct, we allow our users to delete archived items. When deleting a singular item they are given the choice to delete the shortcut or both.

Brian_Day
Level 6
Did some more testing and yes with the 7.0 SP1 client it still happens. At delete we present the user with the "Shortcut or Both" option.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

The problem is that Outlook doesn't let you see what's in a group and because you have 'delete means delete' then if shortcuts are part of that group we'd need to delete those items from the archive.  But we don't know from an API point of view, what's in the group.....  Not a great answer I know, but hopefully you can apprecaite a bit more the cause...

Brian_Day
Level 6

@The Dodo wrote:
Hi,

The problem is that Outlook doesn't let you see what's in a group and because you have 'delete means delete' then if shortcuts are part of that group we'd need to delete those items from the archive.  But we don't know from an API point of view, what's in the group.....  Not a great answer I know, but hopefully you can apprecaite a bit more the cause...

Would you mind explaining "Outlook doesn't let you see what's in a group" some? Is this at an API level?

When I explain this to the manager that is complaining I can't imagine it going very well for me when he points to the screen and says "What do you mean can't see it? Here is the group and listed are the 15 emails that are part of it. Five are archived and 10 aren't. Why can't I delete them at once like I used to be able to?"

Thanks for helping out.