cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Client Bluescreens the server. 0x805000f

Kim_Morgan_Elli
Level 3
Hi.

We are running Windows 2003 Standard SP2 with terminal services. We are running Enterprise vault V7.5.

If a client opens an email with a lagre attachment it works the first time (sometimes), but If I close outlook, and open the same email it will bluescreen the server.

It hangs for a couple of seconds and bluescreens. This only happens on the serveres where outlook 2007 is installed.
On 2003 outlook it only hangs, but does not bluescreen.

I've tried with the old and the new EV Client, same result..

It wont bluescreen right away, I'm able to cancel the request, but if I dont cancel it and wait for 15-30 seconds the server bluescreens. We have sent a request til Microsoft, they say the last thing they see in the dump file is the NIC driver, we have tried to update the nic with no luck.
We are using Broadcom BCM5708S NetXtreme II NIC, the serve is a IBM blade so we cant test with another nic either.

If I try to open email with small attachments there is no problem. I've tried with emails that contain 4 MB with attachments, no problem, I think the limit is about 20 Mbit.

Is there some kind of timeouts?, anyone that has any suggestions?, I've tried about everyting I can think of without any luck. I've pasted the Event that ocurrs.. Please help me out here, I'm desperate here!!

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: USER32
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1076
Date:  05.10.2007
Time:  22:32:19
User:  XXXX
Computer: ....
Description:
The reason supplied by user NETxxxxx\xxxxxdmin for the last unexpected shutdown of this computer is: System Failure: Stop error
 Reason Code: 0x805000f
 Bug ID:
 Bugcheck String: 0x000000d1 (0x00000000, 0xd0000002, 0x00000000, 0xf71bd132)
 Comment: 0x000000d1 (0x00000000, 0xd0000002, 0x00000000, 0xf71bd132)
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 0f 00 05 08               ....   
3 REPLIES 3

Kim_Morgan_Elli
Level 3
I changed the Mailbox policy to use .MSG files instead of DVS files as download format and then the problem disapeard. I was able to close and open the email without it been cached.

I tried to "automatically delete IE file cache silently" but that made noe difference.

It looks like the client locks something in the .DVS file that creates the "hang", which results in a bluescreen in the end.

Anyone knows if using .MSG download format screws something else up?

Kim

MarkB_2
Level 4
The difference in the download format is the following:-

Choosing .MSG makes the server convert the archived item and pass it to the client, .DVS passes the archived item which is then converted on the client side.

The only "impact" setting this is the possible overhead on the EV server as it will be doing additional work - really depends on the amount of users you have etc.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Technically speaking EV can't make a server blue screen because as I understand it you have to be running at a low level for that to occur and EV doesn't do that (unless you're talking about the FSA filter)
However the fact is you are seeing something where EV behaviour is certainly causing something to make the system bluescreen.

What you need to do is log a case with SYMC and send them the crash dump and we can analyse that to give you an idea of what it is in the system that's causing the blue screen and then go from there.