cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV6 SP2 - Certain Users Can't Get Archived Mail?

Pete_Bartusek
Level 3
This weekend we updated to SP2 from SP1 of EV6. Everything looks good, but 3 individuals can no longer open up shortcuts in Outlook and get to their archived mail and/or attachments.

1. If I logon as another user to the same machine, everything is fine
2. If I logon as the user to another machine, it works fine.
3. On the problem user's session, if I exit outlook, uninstall the EV client, delete the mail profile, rename the outcmd.dat file, and recreate the mail profile, and reinstall the ev client), it still doesn't work.
4. I'm seeing the error on three win XP machines, 1 person is running 2003, the other are running XP.

We had a similar issue in the past that was resolved by deleting the XP user profile... is there a gentler way of doing this... I'm getting ready to do some more experimentation, but what within the user profile could I edit manually to avoid having to recreate the entire user profile.

We were running SP1 last week and were not having any problems, so it was something that triggered due to our migration, even if it's an issue isolated by a client keeping an outlook session opening, anything..

Pete
3 REPLIES 3

Petr_Svab_2
Level 4
Hi Pete, I have similar problem on SP2.
I cannot open emails on outlook2002, but I don't try logon as another user.
Have you some progress in this case ?

Petr

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
post a dtrace of the archivetask when it fails...i'm curious to see where the process is falling down on this.

micah

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Here's a couple of things I would check. If they are using the Full Client, switch them to the Lite Client. It could be some type of DCOM issue.

Also check if these 3 users can create PSTs, because by default when you open an archived item, EV will create a temporary PST so it can download the DVS file. You can try changing your Desktop settings in your mailbox policy and change the download format from PST to MSG and that will take away the PST dependency.