Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV7.5 SP5 or EV8 Sp1

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner
Trying to figure which of these I should do

Also what the impact is.  I know there is forums to upload to the exchange server again but do I need to push a new client out too all the desktops.

Also I believe I need to get a new license key for ev 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
If you have a 7.5 lic it will work on 8

I would suggest going for a v8 install :)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
If you have a 7.5 lic it will work on 8

I would suggest going for a v8 install :)

MichelZ
Level 6
EV8 SP1 is the way to go. A new client is not *required*, but you would lose all the new functionality like vault cache. You do not need to upload new forms to exchange, as the new (as well as the old) client have the ability to deploy the forms locally on the client. Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner
Thanks

Unfortunately they all currently use the offline vault

Is that going to be a issue

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 Offline Vault will still work with a ev2007 client pointing to a EV8 server.  It just won't use the new functionality of Vault Cache ie. it will download the messages the old way.

Joseph_Rodgers
Level 6
Partner
If you upgrade to EV8 server then when the client is upgraded to EV 8 the OV is replaced by the VC (Vault Cache) this will be a complete rebuild and all content will have to be downloaded again from EV.

The EV 2k7 client can be used with 8.0 no problem.  I am contuining to use the EV2k7sp5 client with our EV 8.0 environment.

You do not necessarily have to push the forms to the server.  Even in the 2k7 client EV will use the local forms library (this is an advanced outlook\desktop setting).  Using the local forms library does use a bit more bandwidth but I find it preferrable as it is much more reliable. 

-Joe

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Its not as drastic as Joe suggests, your OV content will be converted to VC . You WILL NOT have to rebuild you cache content.

Joseph_Rodgers
Level 6
Partner
Wayne, 

In my experience this conversion has not worked so far.  Each time the upgrade would kick off a new build of the VC.  I've tried this multiple times in different labs without success.

Perhaps I missed something.

-Joe

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Hiya Joe,

Thats not good.  If thats what you have been your experience why not log a call with support and see if they can assist?