Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault - Email Cross Forest Email Migration

hopways
Level 2
Partner

Hi,

Im a newbie to this  community so may i say a big Hello and Happy new year to everyone :)

its a number of years since i last touched enterprise vault version 7 i think so i come cap in hand for a little help please

anyway i have a client who is looking at doing the following and i was wondering if anyone can let me know if this is capable and steer me in the right direction

the client wishes to migrate from a Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 based Forest utilising EV 8.03 to a new Forest based on Windows 2012, Exchange 2013 and EV 10.03

I know we can accomplish this with using Exchange cross forest migration tools i.e. upgrade to Exchange 2010 etc and do a manual re-inflate of mail data migrate etc but this will take an e-longated amount of time and additional storage costs

i was wondering if we could create a new Flat e-mail system and repoint the new Forest mailboxes at the existing EV Servers an retrieve their 'old' email data from an EV archive

if we can do this we will save them a huge amount of time as their is approximately 4,000 mailboxes

again if this is possible what process can we then use to migrate the EV Servers to the new Forest

thanks to everyone or anyone who can helps

kind regards

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

With a project like that, i'd look in to something like Archive Shuttle from Quadrotech (contact Rob Wilcox or Tony Sterling on the forum) or TransVault (contact Andrew Becker from Trace3).....

Or you could possibly use EV Move Archive to migrate the data but that would take quite a lot of work to move the 4000 mailboxes

But you could definitely upgrade to EV9 SP4 in place.
Then set up the new EV10 SP4 servers and use the settings migration wizard , and then just move the data from the EV9 SP4 server to the EV10 SP4 data etc

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

With a project like that, i'd look in to something like Archive Shuttle from Quadrotech (contact Rob Wilcox or Tony Sterling on the forum) or TransVault (contact Andrew Becker from Trace3).....

Or you could possibly use EV Move Archive to migrate the data but that would take quite a lot of work to move the 4000 mailboxes

But you could definitely upgrade to EV9 SP4 in place.
Then set up the new EV10 SP4 servers and use the settings migration wizard , and then just move the data from the EV9 SP4 server to the EV10 SP4 data etc

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

hopways
Level 2
Partner

Thanks Jesuswept i have asked Archive Shuttle and Transvault to provide me with further information concerning their products

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello OP.

If you are intertested in other options Globanet has some products that may assist you in a project like this. I agree with JesusWept that this project is likely too larget to use the native utitlies for. If you would like to discuss this with Globanet representitive please let me knwo and I will point you in the correct direction.

If your desires for this posting have been met, can you please update this thread by either flagging some of the postings above as having resolved your issue or update the ticket with more details as to your issue? Doing so helps those who are helping direct their help to where it is most needed first.

Thanks in advanced.

J

anirudh_ipp
Not applicable

Hi John

For such stagnating email migration and archiving issues, we (IPP Technologies) do offer a comprehensive Email Archiving and Migration solutions. We specialize in Data Migration, Email Archiving, BI and SharePoint Solutions. If you are interested in any of the above products and solutions, I can arrange for a call back.

Direct SharePoint Migraton, Files and Email Archiving.

I hope my post caters to your requirement and would assure email archiving and migration easier than before.

Can you please update this thread by either flagging some of the postings above as having resolved your issue or update the ticket? Doing so helps those who are helping direct their help to where it is most needed first.

Thanks & Regards

AK