cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault and BPOS

klam1
Level 3

I have a question about EV 9.0.  I know it works with BPOS but which version, BPOS Standard or BPOS Dedicated?

Also to confirm, only journaling and .pst migration is supported, not mailbox archiving.

Thanks,

KL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Klam, Enterprise Vault supports both types of BPOS.  There isn't really much of a difference, BPOS Shared means you're likely to be sharing hardware with other customers, and BPOS Dedicated means you'll have dedicated hardware.

Our ability to capture journaled content is the same.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

hi klam,

"At present there is no solution for using Enterprise Vault mailbox archiving and MS BPOS. We are looking at various solutions to this but at present only offer Journal Archiving and PST migration capabilities."

quoted from this post:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/enterprise-vault-90-microsoft-exchange-online-services-ms-bpos

klam1
Level 3

I understand what is in this post https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/enterprise-vault-90-microsoft-exchange-online-services-ms-bpos. 

My question is what flavor of BPOS is supported, BPOS-S (Shared) or BPOS-D (Dedicated) or both.

Thanks.

AndrewB

Sorry, I thought you asked two questions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

That will probably the BPOS-D (dedicated) version, as that will be hosted on servers dedicated for you. So you may have some more influense on what will be installed extra or not.

But Microsoft probably does not like it, as Office 365 is on it's way. Office 365 is based on Exchange 2010, which has is own archiving capabilities. Within a year after the launch of Office 365 the current BPOS (Exchange 2007) users must migratie to Office 365.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I'm curious as to whether you found out the information you were asking for?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Rob, it is on the Symantec website:

http://www.symantec.com/about/news/release/article.jsp?prid=20100907_01

New Product Updates:

• Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite (BPOS) support: Enterprise Vault 9.0 enables customers to use Microsoft Exchange Online with Enterprise Vault to realize the benefits of combining hosted email with on-premise archived content sources into a central repository for easy compliance and e-discovery searches.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

So is it the standard, or dedicated offering?  

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I don't know, you work for Symantec or not ?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yes I work for Symantec.  I work in the Enterprise Vault Engineering Team, in Symantec.

But I don't know the answer to the question.

Before I ask Product Management, then I'm asking if you knew.

klam1
Level 3

Thanks for the responses.

We're implementing BPOS Standard and need to know if Enterprise Vault (and what version) will work with it.

Ken

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I'll whizz an email to PM on Tuesday to ask the question (I'm not in the office until then)

AndrewB

hi klam, were you able to find the answer to your question?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

FWIW I have asked Product Management, but they may be at an event this week.

klam1
Level 3

Rob,

Let me know when you hear back from your prod mgmt team.

Thanks!

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Klam, Enterprise Vault supports both types of BPOS.  There isn't really much of a difference, BPOS Shared means you're likely to be sharing hardware with other customers, and BPOS Dedicated means you'll have dedicated hardware.

Our ability to capture journaled content is the same.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Did this answer the question?

klam1
Level 3

Thank you Rob.  You've answered my question.

Ken

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay, that's great.  Glad to help.