cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExchangeMailboxEntry - ADMbxFlags??

ACJones
Level 2
Hi all. Any ideas what the ADMbxFlags switch does in the ExchangeMailboxEntry table? Or to be more precise, where it comes from? We have a number of users (EV 8.0 SP1) who are not archiving during the automatic archiving runs. Archiving them manually works fine. I have discovered that it is because of this property. Most users have this set to '0' and they work fine, but a small subset of users (mostly those who have been moved to a different OU, Exchange server, or have been hidden and unhidden at some point) have this set to '2' or '3' and they do not seem to be archiving.

If I set this value to '0' manually for a user their automatic archiving appears to work, but then come the provisioning run it is set back to '2' or '3' automatically.

Comparing the properties in the AD accounts, I cannot find any significant differences, so does anyone know where this synchronises from please? And any suggestions of what I can do to prevent the provisioning task causing this problem?

PS I've tried searching, but cannot find any reference to this value in the documentation (or on these forums, or on Google! :-))

Cheers,

AC.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
There is this:

ExcludeDisabledADAccounts
 \SOFTWARE
  \KVS
   \Enterprise Vault
    \Agents

Content
 DWORD.

0 - Enterprise Vault tries to synchronize all mailboxes, regardless of whether they are associated with disabled Active Directory accounts. If a synchronization attempt fails, Enterprise Vault records an error in the event log.

1 - (Default) Enterprise Vault does not synchronize mailboxes that are associated with disabled Active Directory accounts.

Description
 Specifies whether Enterprise Vault tries to synchronize mailboxes that are associated with disabled Active Directory accounts.

Remember is you are 64 bit the registry tree is under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
 \Software
  \Wow6432Node
    \KVS
     \Enterprise Vault

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
admbxflags.....

Provisioning is getting it's information from Active Directory.

admbxflags = 0 ...  normal
admbxflags = 1 ... mailbox is hidden
admbxflags = 2 ...  AD account is disabled
admbxflags = 3 .. mailbox is hidden and AD account is disabled

Hope that helps,
Working for cloudficient.com

ACJones
Level 2
Many thanks Rob - so the '2' (which most of the "problems" are) means that the account is disabled. Didn't consider that but I guess it must be true - many of these accounts are never logged on to, but the mailboxes are accessed by "other users with permissions".

Bonus question :) Is it expected behaviour that disabled accounts don't get archived during the automatic runs? And is there a magic registry key that might overrule this behaviour? ;)

Cheers again,

AC.

EDIT: Just wanted to add the reason I didn't consider the account being disabled is that the "working" account I was using to compare is also disabled, but its ADMbxFlags value is set to '0' during provisioning runs. There must be a problem with the account or something not quite set correctly that causes it to fail during sync.

TonySterling
There is this:

ExcludeDisabledADAccounts
 \SOFTWARE
  \KVS
   \Enterprise Vault
    \Agents

Content
 DWORD.

0 - Enterprise Vault tries to synchronize all mailboxes, regardless of whether they are associated with disabled Active Directory accounts. If a synchronization attempt fails, Enterprise Vault records an error in the event log.

1 - (Default) Enterprise Vault does not synchronize mailboxes that are associated with disabled Active Directory accounts.

Description
 Specifies whether Enterprise Vault tries to synchronize mailboxes that are associated with disabled Active Directory accounts.

Remember is you are 64 bit the registry tree is under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
 \Software
  \Wow6432Node
    \KVS
     \Enterprise Vault

TonySterling
There is also this:

ProcessHiddenMailboxes
 \SOFTWARE
  \KVS
   \Enterprise Vault
    \Agents

Content
 DWORD.

0 - Ignore hidden mailboxes (default).

1 - Process hidden mailboxes.

Description
 Specifies whether the Exchange Mailbox archiving task should ignore or process hidden mailboxes. By default, the task ignores hidden mailboxes.

Hidden mailboxes are mailboxes that are excluded from the Exchange Global Address List.

If you set the value to 1, you may first need to run the Exchange Provisioning task to process any hidden mailboxes that have never been processed by Enterprise Vault. Restart the Exchange Mailbox task and synchronize the mailboxes.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
 << points to Tony.

What he said :)
Working for cloudficient.com