cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely long wait after upgrading from EV 7.5sp5 to 8.0sp5??

Vikes_2
Level 6

Hello,

I am upgrading our EV environment from 7.5sp5 to 8.0sp5 and after the reboot the server sits at a blank screen for 20+ minutes until the "install is complete" message pops up to click finish. Is this normal? Has anyone seen this and if it is not normal what can be done to speed it up? When I upgrade prod I have twice as many servers and half of my day would be spend waiting..

Thanks,

Travis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Shouldn't take twenty mins, maybe five I've seen it on all my installs, but what you can do is if RDP'd just do a Ctrl-alt-home and then end explorer.exe and then start explorer.exe again; it will come up instantly But what I do in my environments is I perform the upgrade on all servers at the same time and wait for all of them to be ready to reboot then restart them all and then I log on to them all at the same time By the time I logged on to the 12th EV server and go back to the first, the desktop is already displayed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Shouldn't take twenty mins, maybe five I've seen it on all my installs, but what you can do is if RDP'd just do a Ctrl-alt-home and then end explorer.exe and then start explorer.exe again; it will come up instantly But what I do in my environments is I perform the upgrade on all servers at the same time and wait for all of them to be ready to reboot then restart them all and then I log on to them all at the same time By the time I logged on to the 12th EV server and go back to the first, the desktop is already displayed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Vikes_2
Level 6

Thanks JW2,

I appreciate the info and will do that my next go around.

Regards,

Travis