cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install the Vault Admin Console on an XP Desktop with SP2 & .Net FW 2.0

Steve_Cassells
Level 3
Apologies if this is a dumb question but I'm having difficulty installing the Vault Admin Console for EV2007 onto an XP/SP2 desktop and wanted to ask:

1. This should be possible, right?
2. I have .NET framework 2.0 installed  on the desktop - when I run the setup.exe from the EV2007 source cd to get to the part where I assume you can just select to install the console, it errors out saying I need .NET f/w 1.1 [anyone know why it doesn't like 2.0??]
3. Will I need to install anything else on the desktop to get the VAC working [the Exchange Admin utility for example]?

The reason I ask is that I want to be able to set up roles based admin for the Helpdesk staff and the preference would be to push this console out to them and let them look after certain basic admin tasks [such as running provisioning tasks and enabling mailboxes.]

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Steve
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Steve,
Check the Install and Configuring guide in your documentation folder of the Install Media.

If required, the Enterprise Vault Administration Console can be installed on a separate computer that has the following prerequisite software:

• Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000 (with Service Pack 3 or later), Windows XP Professional (with Service Pack 2 or later), or Windows 2000 Professional (with Service Pack 3 or later).

• MDAC 2.6 or later. A suitable version is installed automatically with Windows Server 2003.

• IIS 5 or later.

• Both Microsoft .NET Framework v 1.1 and Microsoft .NET Framework v 2.0. You need to install both versions of Microsoft .NET Framework.

• Administration tools for Windows Server 2003 or Windows 2000. These are not required if you have installed Windows Server 2003 or Windows 2000 Server on the standalone console computer.

The Administration Tools for Windows Server 2003 require Windows XP Professional or later.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Steve,
Check the Install and Configuring guide in your documentation folder of the Install Media.

If required, the Enterprise Vault Administration Console can be installed on a separate computer that has the following prerequisite software:

• Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000 (with Service Pack 3 or later), Windows XP Professional (with Service Pack 2 or later), or Windows 2000 Professional (with Service Pack 3 or later).

• MDAC 2.6 or later. A suitable version is installed automatically with Windows Server 2003.

• IIS 5 or later.

• Both Microsoft .NET Framework v 1.1 and Microsoft .NET Framework v 2.0. You need to install both versions of Microsoft .NET Framework.

• Administration tools for Windows Server 2003 or Windows 2000. These are not required if you have installed Windows Server 2003 or Windows 2000 Server on the standalone console computer.

The Administration Tools for Windows Server 2003 require Windows XP Professional or later.

Steve_Cassells
Level 3
Cheers Tony - exactly the answer I was looking for- don't know how I missed it when I searched the manual myself- d'oh! - too much haste I think....

Interesting to note that one of the pre-req's is IIS5 or later for the admin console install - can't see that being deployed to helpdesk user desktops so it'll probably be a citrix box for access to a console or RDP to the Vault server directly.

Thanks again...

Steve