cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a single user who I cannot enable in EV.

links10
Level 4
Partner

We're running EV 2007. Product version 7.5 sp4. File version 7.5.4.2534.

The user is part of a provisioning group that has everyone else successfully enabled. I attempted to manual enable the user but her mailbox does not show up under the "select the mailboxes that to be enabled" section. Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

Simon_1976
Level 4
Partner
please check if this user is hidden from the directory.  the "hide from exchange address list" option in mailbox properties.
Message Edited by Simon Zang on 11-13-2008 07:34 AM

links10
Level 4
Partner

Sorry, I should have specified that before. I saw that as a solution in another post but this mailbox is not hidden from the exchange address list.

The only strange thing I see about the account is that the email address includes a last name with a hyphen. I don't think that would affect anything but figured I would mention it.

Simon_1976
Level 4
Partner
try to select "disabled mailboxes only" in the wizard, maybe this mailbox is enabled and then disabled before.

links10
Level 4
Partner
No luck there either. Nothing is disabled. We don't normally disable any mailboxes once enabled.

Bob_S1
Level 3
Do a search on the "zap" utility, that will probably fix your issue.  I've run into that same issue a number of times and "zapping" the EV info from the user object and starting over does the trick almost every time. There is documentation on that on the Symantec site.  The utility is run from a DOS prompt and found in the Enterprise Vault install folder - named EVPM.exe  

links10
Level 4
Partner

This is fixed now. I wasn't familiar with the zap utility so I called tech support. After creating a test provisioning group for the one user , they walked me through running the Zap utility.  The user still wasn't getting enabled properly. The logs said that "New mailbox has an existing entry in the Enterprise Vault database" and "The mailbox GUID does not match the entry in the database". 

We ended up going onto the database server and removing the row for the user manually. After that I could run the provisioning job and enable the mailbox.