cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index Rebuild Issue

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6
When running the Index Volume Replay Utility, I try to rebuild a particular index of ours. However the job never finishes. This is preventing our Journaling reviewers from receiving any new items on their searches
Also, we are pushing over 200000 savsets waiting to be indexed. We've had EMC out here to check our Centera device, and they found no issues. SQL appears to be backing up without issue.
Any ideas??
4 REPLIES 4

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
Can I ask why you are rebuilding the index?? I presume you are getting Event ID's??

Can you check the avtrace.log and see what is in it - you may not necessarily have a corrupt index. Post the content on here if you can.

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6
I was rebuilding the index because it came up as corrupt in the Index Volume Replay Utility.

The avtrace reads;

Fri Oct 27 14:59:40.340 2006 (thread:5552) APPLICATION: Reason: Percent file size check Sequence Number:2323472 Maximum Location:-1691732497 Number of documents:3023431 File Size:94.95% Num pending additions:0 (0 words) Num pending deletions:0

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

The indexvolumerereplay tool doesn't show an index as corrupt.
It will only say "failed" which could be just a temporary error.
so you should ALWAYS try and do an Update first to see if that resolves the issue
Or you should just restore your indexex from backup.

Michael_Librett
Level 3
It would be a nice feature to provide a status of the index update/rebuild.