cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indexvolume replay tool

John_Evers
Level 5
Hi, i had a tool in my earlier version of the Enterprise Vault(6.0 sp4) called Indexvolumereplay, now we are runnig on version 2007 and it looks like the tool has dissapeared. Does anyone knows where it is?
5 REPLIES 5

R_Meeker
Level 4
Hi John

It is the console in 2007.

In Archive porperties\advanced\rebuildindex.

Hope this makes sense.

More to the point how is your index reporting that it is failed?
rgds

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

In EV 2007 you can also access IndexVolumeReplay from the Vault Admin Console by right clicking the Archives container.

Remember to always do an Update first and not Rebuild, the Update just processes the items that are missing, whereas a Rebuild will delete the entire index volume and start from the beginning. An Update is quicker and takes up fewer resources.

Cheers,

R_Meeker
Level 4
Hi John

What is the problem with you index that you need to rebuild/update it?

Mr meeker

John_Evers
Level 5
We had last year problems with indexes who were corrupted by a failure of our SAN. And with that tool, i saw a lot off indexes which were corrupted so it was very handy.

R_Meeker
Level 4
Hi John

Great, I just ask because as Tony has mentioned in the last post, index's are quite sensitive to environmental changes and although they can be the symptom best to find the root cause, which can sometimes just mean an update will suffice for a repair instead of a lengthy rebuild.

rgds