cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to delete a folder and it's content in eVault for Exchange?

amp68
Level 3

I have a folder that got Vaulted back in 2001.  It contains THOUSANDS of emails that I no longer need.  Might be as many as 30,000 email messages.  I need to delete them all without going through screens of 100 emails at a time in Archive Explorer.

We're running eVault 8 wih the 9.x HTTP plugin in Outlook 2010.

I do not have access to the server, so the solution has to be client side.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you don't have access to the server your options are limited.  If you don't have shortcuts you will need to either use ArchiveExplorer or Search.asp.

Honestly, why not send the request to your help desk?  They can export the folder to PST and Delete the items in the folder in the process.  That would be the easiest way.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

amp68
Level 3

Sorry meant to say 2011, not 2001.

TonySterling

If you don't have access to the server your options are limited.  If you don't have shortcuts you will need to either use ArchiveExplorer or Search.asp.

Honestly, why not send the request to your help desk?  They can export the folder to PST and Delete the items in the folder in the process.  That would be the easiest way.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I would suggest archive explorer or virtual vault.
Working for cloudficient.com

amp68
Level 3

Archive Explorer only lets me see 10 screens of 100 message.  That would take forever to do.  Is there some way to get Archive Explorer to display more messages per screen than 100?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Delete the folder rather than the content?

TonySterling

Virtual Vault would work, but again, he would need work with his EV Admins.  As in my first post, I recommend you reach out to them.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

@amp68 is anything else needed on this issue?