cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journal Mailbox Archived as normal mailbox

colmtourque
Level 4
Can you not enable a journal mailbox and enable it as a normal mailbox as opposed to using the journaling feature of vault?  Running vault 2007 sp3.
4 REPLIES 4

Amit_Gupta
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
You surely can !

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

I think what you are saying is to send journal emails from Exchange to a mailbox but then have the mailbox archiving task pic them up.

If my understanding is right then I am not at all sure you will be able to do this (depending upon your environment and needs).  For example with Exchange 2007 aren't messags in the journal formatted differently they are not straight forward copies of the message in a users mailbox and the journal task contains the processing to out the necessary information etc.  Also with Exchange 2003 there are various options around Exchange journalling which again mean the messages are different from normal emails and therefore would not be processed.

It's *possible* that perhaps the licence for the archiving component of EV does not allow you to store journalled data but that's just a guess.

patrickkuah
Level 6

Companies journal for compliancy, so use the right method J Enterprise Vault journaling will ensure the messages get journal as fast as possible rather than using normal archival task scheduling….

regards,

patrickkuah

colmtourque
Level 4

For those wondering the reason is because I have been asked to journal messages but leave them in the journal mailbox. I'm thinking of running the job daily.  We don't want to keep the stuff forever just for a few months. The whole exchange keeps things in a  different format is troublesome and might explain why this did not work when I tried it over the weekend and perhaps why when I attempt to point the archiving task at the mailbox it does not see it...fun.

Message Edited by alco on 09-15-2008 07:12 AM
Message Edited by alco on 09-15-2008 07:15 AM