cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journal Search

KG
Level 3
Can anyone tell me why when I search the journal the attachments do not show a mailbox or user. For example, this is what I see after I perform a search on the journal:

xxx123.pdf
5/4/2006 4:22:19 PM - Inbox - pdf - Retention

As you can see, no user or mailbox is listed.
Thanks,
KG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Did you use the content box? If so and the keyword is in there then it will come back.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Are you searching just for attachments? Typically the attachment shows under the email, but if you are search for say a file extension then only the attachment shows, which is what I think you have done.

If you click on the subject it will take you to a new page and from here you can click view whole item from the top bar or you will see Main Message and a link to the original message toward the bottom of the page. If you click on that you will see the message in the webapp.

KG
Level 3
Actually I just performed a plain keyword search. Items without attachments display with a mailbox user. I was thinking the attachment should show up under the original email?

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
I believe the attachment only comes up because you specifically typed in the attachment name. Since the attachment name is not part of the text of the original email message, the search will only show you the attachment.

KG
Level 3
I thought that might be the case as well. However, the keyword I searched for was different that the name of the attachment.

TonySterling
Did you use the content box? If so and the keyword is in there then it will come back.

TonySterling
to clear that up, if you put test in the content box and the word test is in the content of the attachment it will be returned as a hit.