cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox Archiving - reporting errors

Roy_Atkins
Level 3
Partner
Here's something I've noticed on EV7.0. I have 6 MBX archiving tasks. If I run a report on on any one of the tasks, reports are created for every task (i.e. every Exchange server). What is more, the contents of the report do not reflect the actual mailboxes on that Exchange server - all reports contain mbx's from all servers.

If I stop all but one of the mbx archiving tasks and run a report , it creates a single report with the correct list of mailboxes.

Its like the tasks arbitarily write to any report, becuase multiple reports create a different list for each server, each time you run it.

I guess this behavior could be happening in "Normal" mode too, although there is no way to tell because no reports are generated.
2 REPLIES 2

Alan_M
Level 6
I think you are just seeing the difference between Report mode and normal mode. If you need to confirm this stop all the archiving tasks but one and then let it run normally and check the mailboxes on the target Exchange server.

Roy_Atkins
Level 3
Partner
Turned out to be a problem with the Provisioning task after V6 -> V7 upgrade. I deleted the default provisioning task, restarted services and recreated the task. Now I get a single Archive report with the right users!