cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated users from one domain to another, now EV is broke.

Brian_Day
Level 6
We migrated a couple hundred users from one domain to another using ADMT v3.0 a week or so ago. The handful of EV enabled people whom were part of this move just reported they are having trouble through OWA. From the sounds of it the DCOM client in Outlook works ok.

When they open shortcuts in OWA they are not getting the full item and the shortcut has the "This archived item is currently unavailable" message at the top. When they then click the "View the original item" link they are getting "You do not have access to this vault" in a seperate IE window.

I checked EV and their mailbox archives all show the new domain in front of their name in the "Bill To" area. What is wierd though is the provisioning task shows them as =enabled after their name, but no longer a member of a provisioning group.

We use DLs for provisioning and I've made sure the DL which was migrated is still in our targets list.

For the heck of it I disabled one of the users in EV and now I can't re-enable her because she is no longer showing up in the provisioning group. Doh!

Is there a critical step I'm missing? The migration from the old domain (same AD forest) went flawless except for this.
2 REPLIES 2

Brian_Day
Level 6
I also see some of these even though the users are in fact in a provisioning group. Some are members of DLs in the provisioning group targets, some are in Exchange Mailbox Stores which are in the group through an LDAP query.

Mailboxes on Exchange Server [servername] that have entries in the Enterprise Vault database but which are not in any provisioning group:

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Have you figured this one out, Brian?

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.