Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move EV to new Server

Neil_Harvey_2
Level 2
Partner
Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me with this issues.

I have an EV 6 server (upgraded from 5) and I need to move the EV instance to new hardware. I have updated the DNS records and moved all of the indexes and archives to the new server. I have also updated the SQL tables to include the new server name and emptied what SQL thinks is in the message queues.

When I run the configuration utility it detects the evdirectory SQL db and tries to repair it as it should, however it fails straight away saying there is an orphaned computer name entry that cannot be repaired and the database should be deleted. What is strange is if I undo the changes made to DNS and SQL then start EV on the old hardware it starts up straight away with any errors.

Can anyone help please??
2 REPLIES 2

Peter_Ayoun
Level 4
Partner
Hi,

I had the same problem and could find that i had some old (orphaned) servers in the evdirectory database, in the computer entry. did you check that ?
Once i removed all the old objects the configuration program did the upgrade correctly.

Peter

Neil_Harvey_2
Level 2
Partner
Yep checked that, the only entry in there is one for the current EV server, and that is the entry i am updating as the new EV server has a different name.

Any more suggestions?