cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Sharepoint Archive

Sortid
Level 6
Hi, We are looking to upgrade to EV8 SP4 (and eventually 9) from EV2007 sp6. We currently have 2 EV servers, one for email, one for File System Archving which targets file servers and a Sharepoint site. We are removing FSA from the environment, except for Sharepoint, and only maintain one EV server. I am looking to upgrade the EV servers to EV8SP4, and migrate on to new hardware running Windows 2008 R2 (disaster recovery with data). I will then present new storage to it and create a new Vault Store. My intention is then migrate all Exchange mailboxes into it to take advantage of SIS capabilities within EV. My question is regarding Sharepoint. I want to move the Sharepoint archive from the old FSA server into the new vault store, and remove the FSA server all together. Just wondering how I would migrate the Sharepoint data into the new vault store, whether the Move Archive utility in EV8SP4 would work? Is there anything else I would need to do, maybe webpart issues I need to be aware of? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
There is Move Archive which is introduced in ev 8.0 sp4 and has been designed to allow administrators to move archives within a site, or between Enterprise Vault sites. The tool has not been designed to move the following types of archive:-
■ Closed archives
■ File System Archiving (FSA) archives
■ SharePoint archives
■ Shared archives
■ Exchange public folder archives

Currently, the application does not identify user archives that are unstructured (a Shared archive is an unstructured archive, but is not normally a users primary archive) and when it tries to perform the shortcut updates it causes an error. This error is due to the fact that being an unstructured archive, the data is held in a flat-file format as opposed to a structured archive (which is now the default) which has folder structure. This issue will affect legacy users of Enterprise Vault who did not perform the archive conversion process when upgrading to EV6.0SP1.

To identify an unstructured archive, the following SQL should be executed:-

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
SELECT * FROM Archive
WHERE Structured = 0 AND ArchiveLimitSize = 0

Sortid
Level 6
Thaks for that.  The other thing I am considering is splitting Sharepoint off into it's own Vault Store on the same server.  Just confirming that EV can maintain several Vault Stores on the same server?   

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
yup it can , I dont see any issue doing that .

Sortid
Level 6
What about if I wanted to get rid of sharepoint archived data back into the database now?  Using EV2007SP6, would I use FSAUtility -t ?  What would be the syntax for a web site?
Thanks.