cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need verification on FSA archiveexplorerui.asp usage on MAC

psimp
Level 3
Please have patience, this could be lengthy. We have been using EV for over a year to archive email and we are now going to kick off a good size FSA project. We have a Director with a MAC who thinks archiveexplorer should work on a MAC. Is it supported on a MAC's web browser? He can search via http://evault/enterprisevault/search.asp but would like to use http://evault/enterprisevault/archiveexplorerui.asp as well. Just need verification if it should work. I've tested and cannot get it to work either. EV ver 8.0.1.1560 on Win2003 r2 sp2 archiving from EMC Celerra to Centera. Now I have a very general question: We have put this off for as long as possible and have 5.5 TB to run through and about 4 TB will end up being archived. I'm worried about work space on the C drive and also if we have enough space on the SAN attached drive for indexes. The C drive has 116 GB free on a 136 GB drive. I'm afraid the collections folder will fill up the C:\ while archiving and have no idea if the 280 GB SAN drive will be enough for indexes. These are users folders and there are close to 10,000 of them. Sorry for the length of post and hope I've made it clear what I'm asking.
Thanks!
Simp
11 REPLIES 11

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Simp

ArchiveExplorerUI.asp is not supported on MAC.
It's supported on Internet Explorer, only.

-> ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/276547.pdf
-> Page 18

FireFox and Safari are currently PENDING certification, and currently NOT supported.

What is your C: Drive used for? I think 116 GB should be enough.
Your Index drive however is probably not large enough.

Depending on your settings, you can have brief (8%) medium (12%) and full (20%) index Size.
Standard setting is medium, I believe, which would lead to ~500 GB Index.

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

psimp
Level 3
C:\ is just used for OS and we have enabled collections which is located there as well. Indexing is full unfortunately.... It is a SAN drive so I will add some space to the index folder. Thanks for the reply Michael!

MichelZ
Level 6
I think you will be fine with your C:\ folder then.

Cheers

psimp
Level 3
Thanks Michel. One more question I can't seem to answer = When a file is archived is there any kind of icon that shows this on a MAC. Such as the little grey x on the icon in Vista. This is another issue for the MAC users, there doesn't appear to be any way to determine what files have been archived.

MichelZ
Level 6
Sorry to say, according to the compatibility guide (link posted earlier), Mac Clients are not supported as FSA clients, and there is no icon.

(Page 48/49)

Cheers
Michel

psimp
Level 3
I was just told that SP2 has support for FSA with a MAC plus FF and Safari. AND that it was released today. Is this true? I just got out of the meeting to check and haven't had time to verify. Thanks!

psimp
Level 3
OK, I see that it has been released.... now to find out if it really support FSA with a MAC... and enterpriseexplorer..

MichelZ
Level 6
Hi there

According to the newest compatibilty guide, MAC Clients are supported with Safari 3.2.1 / MacOS 10.5.6: (Not FireFox nor Safari 4)

ftp://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/276547.pdf
Page 38

However, MAC as a client to FSA files is still not supported:
Page 48/49

Cheers

MichelZ
Level 6
However, on Page 39, it says:

Enterprise Vault Browser Search (search.asp) using Windows authentication works in Safari. Enterprise Vault
Browser Search using Domino authentication has not been tested. You cannot use Archive Explorer or Integrated
Search in Safari.

So....   I don't think it works...
Sorry

psimp
Level 3
Thanks for the link to the compatibilty guide. Appreciate it!

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
MAC support is on the FSA roadmap but no support currently.

The new MAC client within EV8 SP2 is for archived emails only. The newly added features are as follows:-

• Ability to download archived emails in .EML format
• Ability to perform email actions on archived emails (View, Reply, Reply-all, Fwd, Fwd as attachment)
• Ability to perform archive actions (such as Store in Vault, Archive folder and subfolders, Restore from Vault and Delete from Vault)
• Ability to perform browser search
• Ability to enable/disable synchronization of email shortcuts created by Enterprise Vault in user’s exchange mailbox, into Entourage client cache. (By default Microsoft Entourage does not synchronize changes to an existing email copy in its local cache)