Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA EV2007SP2 Exch2003 strange issue

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

2 FE, 4 BE - clustered BE. 

Issue - no menu nor buttons to AE and Search Safe. Shortcuts available and able to retriev archived mail

I narrowed it down to the following:

In the IIS log of the FE server, I see that when connecting to webmail. there are 2 GET statements.

1 - GET /exchange/Mgsrcxbaaa/ cmd=EVSettings

2 - GET /exchweb/enterprise+vault/6.0/EVShared.js 

The 2nd GET should however look like the following: GET /exchweb/enterprise+vault/7.5.2.1877/EVShared.js

Why does it go to the 6.0 folder? Obviously, I see 404 (file not found), which (I assume) leaves the buttons etc out. This is an upgrade from 6.0 to 7.0 to 2007. I have already several times completely uninstalled extentions, removed EV, re-installed etc, to no resolution.

Where does the reference to the 6.0 folder come from? On the system itself, there is no 6.0 folder anymore. I believe the path is c:\program files\exchsrv\exchweb\enterprise vault\7.5. something (definitely no 6.0 folder there!!)

Could i copy paste the existing folder (from the 2007 install)  and rename it to 6.0?

Thanks for pointers!!

This is driving me nuts

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan
3 REPLIES 3

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

The thing which comes to my mind first would be that you have forgot to upgrade the OWA Extensions somewhere in your environment...  Could you check ALL of your FE/BE Servers again?

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Additionally, you could try setting up logging for OWA:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/301774.htm

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Michael,

I copied the existing 7.5. something folder and renamed it to 6.0. Low and behold, I now have the menuitem and buttons...

As for your suggestion, I rechecked the servers, but all seems well. No forgotten servers or misconfigured ones. I doublechecked evservers.txt and exchangeservers.txt, the proxycfg etc. all look well.

Buttons now there, but unfortunately, AE and Search Safe showing blank page. I kno wblank page (in 99%) is due to prxycfg, so I'll keep searching.

Thanks for the help.

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan