cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA Extension & Forms

Adrian_Toha
Level 3
Hello,

We are having problems installing the OWA extensions on our Exchange server (2003).
We are part of 1 organisation (400 Exchange servers), and are not authorised to make changes in the "system folders" of the public folders , after the setup of the OWA extensions we foud out the folder "KVS" was not created as a result of insufficient privileges. we can however create folders in the root of the "public folders" in our site (local exchange server), but not at the Organisation Level.

Is ther a way to have the scripts create the "KVS folder" at a different location and put the forms there?
I can't image this not being possible...

Anybody has a simular issue?

Please help!

best regards
Adrian
1 REPLY 1

The_Genie
Level 4
Hello Adrian,

You mentioned you ar enot authorized is this because you dont have the rights or is it a company policy?

There are many switched when you run the backend2003setup.wsf and I would suggest having a quick look aty these but I do not beleive there is one that does what you are requiring?

However do you actually use "public folder" archiving? If not then you do not have to have this location updated with the KVS folder. Everything else should work. 

If still an issue I would recommend that you contact Symantec support. It may not help you now and I do not know a massive amount about it yet but EV 2007 greatly simplifies and has changed with regards to the OWA componenents install.  Perhaps it does not need to create a folder at this location either.....