cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA start to freeze after installing OWA User extension

Sylvain_Hamel
Level 3
Hi,

Since I installed the OWA User Extension on my exchange, I received a lot of complains from user that OWA is freezing when trying to read/delete messages. I was unable yet to reproduce myself the problem but it seems it only happened in Premium Mode. Basic mode is working fine.

My environnement:

4 Back-End Exchange 2003 SP2 in cluster
2 Front-End Exchange 2003 SP2 in network load balancing

2 Enterprise Vault 6.0SP1 server

Evault 6.0SP1 OWA User extension are installed on all Exchange servers. Also, all the users experiencing the problem are not enable in Enterprise Vault. We are still in Pilot and only few people have their mailboxes enabled for vaulting.

Ideas ?
5 REPLIES 5

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
A couple of additional details is necessary...

Do all the users whom are enabled for EV see the OWA EV icons, and can they archive/restore from this interface?

If they can't, then I'd say that you fubar'd something in the install and it's broken authentication and/or the OWA virtual directories (ie proxy and what not).

If they can, well, i'm all out of ideas. :)

micah

Sylvain_Hamel
Level 3
Yes, as far as I know, people are able to use archive/restore from the EV icons. But as I said, we are in Pilot, so we have only 20 people using evault, much of them are using Outlook and not OWA.

Jane_Lau
Level 3
Have you solved the problem? How?

I am facing similar problem here. OWA browser hangs when viewing normal email (not archive) with embedded BMP and PNG files after installing FE OWA extension in FE OWA server. That's happen only in Premium Mode and specifically in I.E. It works fine in Basic mode and in other browser like firefox.

We reverted FE OWA server setting by moving the original files back to its location. OWA browser no more hang afterward.

We moved the file one by by and found the possible culprit:

frm_ReadNote.js
frm_ReadPost.js
util_OWA.js

Any idea?

Lone-Wolf
Level 3
turn off Forms/IIS compression

Jane_Lau
Level 3
Yes. you are right. after turned off the compression, everything works fine. thanks.

was told that, the support for high level compression will be out in next SP.