cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Vault settings

DDI
Level 3
Assuming EV2007SP2, and age-based archiving is being used, how do these settings control when an item is pre-emptively archived by the background trawl? I've tested, read the manual, and opened a ticket, and still can't get a handle on it. Any comments would be appreciated.

■ Inactivity period

■ Inactivity period units

■ Large items size

■ Large items size in KB

■ Minimum age

■ Minimum age units
1 REPLY 1

Maverik
Level 6
Im going from memory here so hopefully got this right Smiley Wink

■ Inactivity period= = number of numerical units by default 14 I believe

■ Inactivity period units = weeks  or days or months

Basically the above settings control the pre-emptive trawl.  By default I think this is set to 14 days.

So therefore if someone has an age based archiving policy of 28 days and the offline vault settings are at default after 14 days the clients machines will copy data from the OST to Offline Vault. Note that this does not mean that you will see it on offline Archive Explorer and things it has merely coped the data to the DB file. The item is then archived after 28 days and because the actual data is already in offline vault it doe snot have to pull the item from the network and only a few small changes are made such as the item no longer exists within the OST etc. This is the pre-emptive stuff as far as I undertand. 

The other settings are different settings for Offline Vault the ones above are the ones for pre-emptive. 

Hope this helps.