cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline access to old emails urgently needed

NSteglixx
Level 2

Hello everybody,

in our company we are using Enterprise Vault for email archiving according to auditing requirements (no local .pst files allowed anymore).

That works fine so far, except for our sales people who are travelling often and need to access very old archived emails on request at the customer's site (where is no Internet access provided).

That is a big issue, as far as I could find out so far, there is no solution to open e. g. EV archived emails from 3 years ago.

Is there any solution you can suggest?

Thanks a lot,

Nicole

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You could use Virtual Vault/Vault Cache.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You could use Virtual Vault/Vault Cache.

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

All archived data should be available to the users.  If the shortcuts have been removed from the mailbox you still have EV Search in Outlook, EV should be enabled in OWA as well as the EV webapp.  You also have the ability to have Virtual Vault (a local copy of the archive) attached to your Outlook profile and for EV11 you can enable IMAP access to the archives.

My first recommendation would be EV search in Outlook or OWA for the most user-friendly access.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Good points WITSend, but: (where is no Internet access provided).

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Agreed, Virtual Vault is the best option if you are using your own computer (i.e. laptop).  But it is not an immediate solution, OWA generally is available for nearly all Exchange implementations.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Virtual Vault/Vault Cache is your solution for those users. But, since local PSTs are not allowed, you need to read this technote:

Overriding PSTDisableGrow
http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO96933

I am sure your clients have this registry key configured to block local PSTs creation, but Vault Cache synchronization creates a local PST file; thus, you need to override this configuration with the reg key PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides. Otherwise, the Vault Cache feature will not work because the synchronization fails.

I hope this helps.

NSteglixx
Level 2

thank you everbody for your fast replies. I'll try to work the Vault Cache feature out - OWA won't do because one of the main issues is that they often don't have Internet access when they're at customer's sites.