cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook and Shortcuts

Ulf_Thomas_Joha
Level 3
Hi,

I have multiple users who use Outlook 2003, both local on their computer and remotely on a Citrix terminal server.

Now, locally everything works fine (Of course), but when using Outlook from Citrix the users are unable to view the contents of their archived items. When they open an archived item they are given the shortcut.

Any ideas why this would happen?

Regards

Ulf Thomas Johansen
4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_Edwards
Level 4
Hi Ulf

I assume that you've put the EV user extensions on the Citrix server. That being the case have you allowed regular users the permissions to use the Outlook Scripting engine? Try logging on to the same box as a Citrix admin and try that first. If regular users cannot execute scripts within Outlook the mechanism for fetching shortcut content will fail.

Matt

Ulf_Thomas_Joha
Level 3
Thanks for your input Matt.

Yes, the extensions are installed on the citrix server. On the other hand permitting regular users access to Outlook Scripting engine is new to me.

How would I go about configuring this?

Ulf Thomas

Ulf_Thomas_Joha
Level 3
Problem solved.

It was indeed related to script access, but the problem was related to features not installed by default in a Citrix environment. (Ref Microsoft KB 302003, which is mentioned in the Veritas knowledgebase.)

Thanks for your help.

Ulf Thomas

Matthew_Edwards
Level 4
Funny.. I was just about to send you the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q302003

Great minds think alike!

Glad to hear it's sorted.