cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST MIgration Process Question

Zap
Level 4
Partner
I’m trying to understand the process of client driven migration. What I am currently confused about is what is actually being put in the Holding Folder?
I thought the EV Client was supposed to out the first 10MB chunk of each PST that was marked Ready to Copy in there?. What we are seeing is a range of sizes from 200k to 200+MB. Why is that?
Also, Are the chunks purely a copy at this stage (before Migrator Task touches them)? IE no data is actually moved from the client workstation?
Does the client continue to push chunks into the holding folder until the whole PST is in there? Or does it only copy the first chunk then sit patiently and wait for the previous chunk to get ingested by the migrator task before copying the next chunk?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

julianrv
Level 3
Certified
 The client uploads in chunks of around 10mb, of course the last chunk is going to be smaller and if you've mails bigger than 10mb then you're going to have some chunks bigger than 10mb. After uploading a chunk, the client asks the server every minute to see if the chunk been ingested and once it has been ingested then proceeds to upload the next one.

About the 200mb db file are you sure this wasn't collected by doing a server driven migration?

Zap
Level 4
Partner
Thanks for the response. We're not doing any server driven migration at present. What you've explained is how I thought it was so I'm really not sure why we're seeing db files so large. I checked to make sure the default chunk size hadn't been increased but it was still set to 10MB. I'll do a bit more digging and post the answer if I find it.