cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partition Migration

thejman_2
Level 2
Hey guys, I was hoping for some advice on storage migration.....

A quick background, I have 1 Enterprise Vault server (6 SP4) performing Exchange archiving from 3 exchange servers. At the moment I have about 2.5tb of archives on MSA hardware.

As the MSA has reached End of Life (and is all but out of space) I am going to move to a SAN backend for storage.

I have two questions;
1) During the migration process can I re-size my existing partitons? Why do I want to do this? The only reason is for consistancy, I have a separate vault store for each of the exchange servers and und each one there are a number of partitions all of which are different sizes. They range from about 100GB to about 500GB.

2) What is the best method for moving these to the new SAN? I have seen http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/273271.htm which explains how to do this but involves a file copy. Is there any better way?

4 REPLIES 4

MirrorSphere
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi,

1.  Nope you cannot do this.

2.  You might want to use something like Robocopy for better resilience and performance.

Brian_Day
Level 6

@EV-ASSIST wrote:
Hi,

1.  Nope you cannot do this.

2.  You might want to use something like Robocopy for better resilience and performance.

If he means extending Windows partitions in #1, why do you think he cannot do this?

MirrorSphere
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Surely, he is meaning EV Vault Store partitions?

I accept that there is no reason as to why he cannot do this if indeed he is meaning Windows partitions but I don't think he is.

Are you able to clarify?

thejman_2
Level 2
Hi Guys, Thansk very much.
And yes I did mean EV partitions.

Secure copy / Robocopy it is.