cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicated Centera DR Failover

Ralphus
Level 3
Partner
Our customer has EV8 and Centera plus an additional offsite replicated Centera.   The question is, once the primary Centera has gone offline, how do get EV to retreive files files from the secondary?  The key here is retreive only.  The customer does not want to write to the secondary.

Any suggestions?
7 REPLIES 7

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
In the properties of your vaults on the connection tab ensure that the replication centera is listed at the bottom under "Saved Replicia IP Address list"

If the DR is in there then EV will try the primary and when failing to connect it will go to the replicia looking for the data automatically

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Ralphus

You would have to configure your centera for unidirectional replication.
Search for "White Paper: EMC Centera Replication - A Detailed Review" on PowerLink.

This should provide you with what you want.

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
 unidirectional replication is only needed if you want to write to the destination centera if the source is down. His request was specifically for reads only. 

I agree if he needs to write to the destination centera then unidirectional replication is a requirement but not if read access is all that is needed

Centera systems rarely go fully offline they are designed to stay running no matter what happens unless you loose a whole site. The need to go to the destination box would rarely happen unless you had WAN outage or power failure

MichelZ
Level 6
Actually, it's the other way around.
What you mean is Bi-directional replication.

Cheers
Michel

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
 Opps i misread sorry...my bad

MichelZ
Level 6
:)

You probably didn't have coffee yet...    :)

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Tea...never been a coffee drinker