Forum Discussion

dKitKat
Level 3
13 years ago

Running out of disk space on the vault store partition

We are running EV 7.0 SP5 on MS Windows Server 2003. The disk partition where the file archive store located is running out of space so that the indexing failed. There are a few unused data folders in the archive that I want to delete to create some space in order to rebuild the index.

Is it OK to simply delete the folders from within the Windows Explorer in the file server? Will the actual archived items also get deleted?

Thanks.

• If you use collections you will not really reclaim any space And also in ev7 I don't think FSA has delete on delete, so you may just end up deleting placeholders

3 Replies

• Your bet bet is to close the partition and create a new one elsewhere Or move the partition to a new location Do not just delete folders from the partition, you should leave that to the EV services because it needs to remove the entries from the databases and the indexes and also those items might be shared to many.other users so deleting one folder can cause all your users to be able to retrieve certain emails So my suggestion is, create a new partition to a new drive and make sure storage expiry runs on a regular basis
  • Hi,

Actually I do not want to delete the unused folders directly from within the File Archive Partition folders, but I want to delete them from within the file server itself and hoping that EV service will removes the actual contents from the archive partition.

At the moment we do not have adequate capacity on our SAN storage to create new partition, so I was thinking deleting the unused folders (confirmed) will be the quickest solution.

• If you use collections you will not really reclaim any space And also in ev7 I don't think FSA has delete on delete, so you may just end up deleting placeholders