Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP Shortcut Creation Issue

Bruce_Cranksh1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All

I  am busy with a new EV 9.0 sp2 implementation and have a strange issue around the SharePoint archiving.

I know SP archiving isn't everyones strong point and I have logged a  call with Symantec support but while I'm waiting for a response from them I thought I would ask anyway on the forums .

EV is archiving data from SP successfully but its not creating the seamless shortcuts  . I have configured the Policy correctly ,as in 0 days Modified so it should create the Shortcuts immediately

I have run Dtrace and the log says cannot create Shortcuts as the Library is Record Center Library

Now I know EV cannot create Shortcuts in a Record Center Library ,that's not supported . But here is the issue ,these libraries are not Record Center Libraries ,they are Document Libraries which are supported

I have even confirmed with Symantec Support that EV looks for the HoldListID  attribute when determining if a Library is a Record Center and the SP admins have confirmed this isn't set .

Yet EV still thinks these Libraries are Record Center Libraries

Any ideas would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Have a look at the SITE level to see if that was created using the Records Center template.  If so even though you've then created document libraries underneath, we can't archive them.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Have a look at the SITE level to see if that was created using the Records Center template.  If so even though you've then created document libraries underneath, we can't archive them.

Working for cloudficient.com

Bruce_Cranksh1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thats a good suggestion ,I have emailed the customer to confirm this