cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching migrated pst emails and other emails in one search

TRP
Level 5

Hello all :)

I have installed and rolled out EV8 in our organisation. We are using Exchange 2003 / Outlook 2007

I have (as a guinea pig) migrated 2 pst files that a user had on their local PC.

These have successfully migrated to EV and can be seen and searched with the Archive Explorer.

My question is this: Is there a way for the user to be able to search the contents of his normal email account and the migrated emails that were in the pst files at once without needing to do a seperate search of the migrated pst emails through archive explorer?

Basically he wants to be able to enter a search criteria and have it go thorugh all his email.

thanks

Tracy

5 REPLIES 5

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You would have to set up Vault Cache and possibly Virtual Vault and use Instant Search on Outlook 2007 or WDS if you have Outlook 2003 that will be able to search both the vault cache and the regular mailbox at the same time

The pre-requisite though is to have vault cache enabled and synced on the users desktop, that way they can use the archive offline (useful if travelling etc) but mainly so that WDS or IS can scan and index the items locally

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Or VC (full content) and WDS ?

Working for cloudficient.com

TRP
Level 5

Tried that but it is only searching what is in the users mailbox and not the archive of the migrated PST files. I can still only see/search these by going into Archive Explorer.

Anyone have any further suggestions?

Thanks

Tracy

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

are you sure its set up correctly? (i.e Outlook instant search and it being set to trawl the vault cache in the Instant search options within outlook)?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

TRP
Level 5

How would I do that? thanks