cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Performance in File Server when retreving (.xlsx)

Rami_Abu_Aus
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Dear All,
Please help me in this issue ,I have EV server 8.2 with Win 2003,and the file server with Win 2008,I am Suffering when I retrieve any archived (.xlsx) items from file sever,there are problems in performance when retrieved (.xlsx) items , I tried every things for troubleshooting but the problem is still. when I want to open the archived (.xlsx) items it is very slow for example the 5MB when I want to open it .it needs to more than 40 seconds it's too much. Just the problem in (.xlsx) but other items like (.pptx) or (.docx) it's very good, I don’t why?Is there any hotfixes for this?
Please any one know any solution for this issue

Send to me on the forum or send to me on my email (r.aus@protech-jo.com).

Thanks for every one can help me.

Regards,

Eng.Rami Abu_Aus
Protechnology,Jordan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
So the first and most important question is, what is your EV storage?
EMC Cellera or Centera? NetApp? NTFS? SAN? etc?

Also  what happens if you copy the item instead of opening it, does it still take a long long time?
(i.e is it the file taking a long time to retrieve or is it Excel causing some kind of slow down when opening it?)

Do you have any other files that are 5mb or larger that you can test retrieval times against that aren't excel files?

What kind of Anti Virus are you running?
Does it also take a long time to retrieve from the server?
How long does it take to retrieve if you try and get the item from Archive Explorer or Search.asp etc?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
So the first and most important question is, what is your EV storage?
EMC Cellera or Centera? NetApp? NTFS? SAN? etc?

Also  what happens if you copy the item instead of opening it, does it still take a long long time?
(i.e is it the file taking a long time to retrieve or is it Excel causing some kind of slow down when opening it?)

Do you have any other files that are 5mb or larger that you can test retrieval times against that aren't excel files?

What kind of Anti Virus are you running?
Does it also take a long time to retrieve from the server?
How long does it take to retrieve if you try and get the item from Archive Explorer or Search.asp etc?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rami_Abu_Aus
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Dear Jesus,
Thanks for you,The San storage is HP ,when I copy the item the same problem is happend (slow in copy) just the excel(.xlsx) for the file server when the size is Increased the time will be increased,
I have the Kassper anti viruse But i turn off it ,the problem is still ,yes it  has along time to retrive from the server.the time as the size may be the 10MB=55sec .

Eng.Rami