cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Enterprise Vault settings for this item can not be read, when restoring

steven_monk
Level 2
We run EV 5 sp6 with Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002,

all our users receive the following error when they restore an item form the vault

'An error occurred opening this item.

The Enterprise Vault settings for this item can not be read.'

The same error is received if we try the same process with Outlook 2003

the email then opens with the EV custom form stating the item is archived

both the Dtrace and the client trace show no problems and that the task is successful

The only work around is to click on another email then back to the restored email and it will then open normally.

Any thought would be much appreciated
3 REPLIES 3

the_Dodo
Level 3
Hi,

Very strange. What client version are you running?
Have you got a case open with Symantec support on this?

Scott_Lewis_2
Level 4
Steven,

I had a similar problem with Outlook 2003 and it turn out to be an issue with the Outlook preview pane. If the message was displayed in the preview pane while it was being restored I got the error messages that you are describing. I fix the problem by changing the policies - Desktop - Fix Outlook Preview Pane - to Apply Automatically and it fixed the problem (then re-sync all mailboxes). The desktop property item reads as if it is specific to Outlook XP but there must a problem with using EV with the Outlook Preview Pane in general.

steven_monk
Level 2
Hi

Thanks for your help, we have finally narrowed it down to a bespoke COM addin, it seems it was a mixture of the COM addin and an Outlook XP hotfix, we modified the addin and the issue is resolved.