cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web App URL in Multiple EV Enviroment

Sean_Whelan
Level 2
In our enviroment we have multiple EV Servers (7) for load balancing purposes, Building block methology has been used, creating directory services on each EV server. However the problem i have is that in the Site Setting, which applies to the entier EV Site, i have the Web url of the main Enterprise Vault Server. if i change this on each server, its updates each EV server automatically.

My understanding is that each EV Server has its own Web app on it, which my servers do. Shouldn't the web url be different for each server? If so how can i change this with out each EV Server being affected. I have enabled a exchange server on one of the ev servers ( evserver4), when retrieving an item the item is called from the main EV Server (evserver1) not from evserver4.

Is this correct?

Enterprise Vault V6.0 Sp1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have you tried just using \EnterpriseVault ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have you tried just using \EnterpriseVault ?

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
When using Building Blocks the 'URL' that should be configured is just '\enterprisevault' (without the quotes) This then allows EV to direct requests to the correct EV server for processing.

Once you have changed this you will need to synchronize all your enabled mailboxes so that they get the updated setting. Also make sure that all your EV servers have been added to the Intranet - Trusted Sites list. (However you do that - V6 policy -- V5 Desktopsettings 'addservertointranetzone')

If you have a static 'http:\\server\enterprisevault' you will see the behaviour you have described.

Cheers

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Covered and some other DNS stuff documented in a White Paper on http://www.udstech.com/

Sean_Whelan
Level 2
Thanks All for your help, got it working with just puting in \EnterpriseVault
and adding all the Vault servers to the Loval Intranet Zone.

Thanks Once again

Sean