cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2008 Failover Cluster

jgrant50
Level 4
Anyone have any luck yet with Windows 2008 failover clusters for file system archiving?  I've been successful in get the cluster up and running, installing all the services, etc.  When I enter the EnabledVolumes key and restart the services, the key disappears.  I've not been able to find whether or not it's officially supported yet, just curious if anyone else is testing it out at the moment.
7 REPLIES 7

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi

Sorry, haven't tested yet, but according to the Compatibility Guide, it's not supported:
ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/276547.pdf
(Page 46)

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

jgrant50
Level 4
Well,  I've done some additional testing and I have it working with no issues whatsoever.  Much easier than the 2K3 cluster setup documents.  I'm not using the EnabledVolume registry key at all.  The volume setup under the VAC points to the hidden share of the drive letter, and the archive points are setup up as folders under the root.  I've failed the generic service between nodes, archived / retrieved from 2 different test virtual file servers in every configuration I can think of so far.  I wonder how long until they annouce official support for 2K8 failover clusters.

MichelZ
Level 6
I suspect they won't for EV 2007, they are probably concentrating on the Bauer release...

jgrant50
Level 4
I would hope they offer support.  SP3 enabled FSA on 2K8, I can't imagine much development, if any at this point, would be required to support 2K8 clusters.  I'm not familiar with the Bauer release.  Do you know what the timeframe is for that?

MichelZ
Level 6
Not exactly.
I suspect 4th quarter...

sym_se_support0
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Currently EV 2007 SP3 does not support an FSA server running Windows 2008 Microsoft Clustering.

The compatibility guide should be updated shortly to note this.

Message Edited by sym_se_support01 on 06-18-2008 09:10 AM

jgrant50
Level 4
Do you know if support this feature will be supported with the next service pack, or will it be an entirely separate version?