cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZAP mailbox query - Exchange 2010

rasobey
Level 5

Hi all,

I have in the past used the zap mailbox process to remove the hidden message from my mailbox.

At the moment, EV has lost track of my mailbox and still thinks it's on an Exchange 2007 SP2 server. However, my mailbox has been moved to a 2010 SP1 server and archiving, obviously, doesn't work.

So I thought I'd zap the mailbox using EVPM and re-enable my mailbox. Only, I'm not sure how to zap it now it's on Exchange 2010.

If I set up EVPM to talk to the mailbox server directly, I get an error "Error creating privileged MAPI session" and if I set it up to talk to a CAS server I get " Error - could not find an Archiving or Journaling service for exchange server <cas server>".

What am I doing wrong, or how do I do it right? I'm using EV9.0.

Thanks

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rasobey
Level 5

Alright, a quick update. I think I've now got this to work but I'm not sure how, and it turns out zapping my mailbox hasn't fixed the issue, but here are the steps I took:

1) Used a different Exchange 2010 mailbox server as the target for the zap, but kept the same service mailbox alias. That worked.

2) Zapped the mailbox using the original 2010 mailbox server and service mailbox alias.

It's very bizarre.

After all this some good has come of it: I've now worked out what the Targets tab is for on the new 2010 mailbox archiving task :)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Do you actually have an archiving task set up correctly for the server? and does that task run? You should be able to just use that server name and that system mailbox, if theres any issues the task would fail as well as the EVPM script to zap

Just as a matter of interest though, is the user getting provisioned correctly?
Try setting synchinmigration mode to 2 in the registry then running provisioning then try syncing the mailbox through the VAC

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

rasobey
Level 5

Yes - the archiving task is running fine - at least, it starts and stays started! The user - my own mailbox - is provisioned but EV hasn't a clue where my mailbox is. I think I deleted my mailbox and recreated it without first disabling it for archiving.

I'll try what you suggest.

rasobey
Level 5

Actually, as an aside, should my archiving task be pointing at a server running the Mailbox or CAS role? It's currently configured to point at the mailbox role.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I think its in the documentation but i believe the way it should work is that you have a task pointed at each of the Mailbox servers, but EV does a query to determine what CAS server to use and does the query through there

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

rasobey
Level 5

Alright, a quick update. I think I've now got this to work but I'm not sure how, and it turns out zapping my mailbox hasn't fixed the issue, but here are the steps I took:

1) Used a different Exchange 2010 mailbox server as the target for the zap, but kept the same service mailbox alias. That worked.

2) Zapped the mailbox using the original 2010 mailbox server and service mailbox alias.

It's very bizarre.

After all this some good has come of it: I've now worked out what the Targets tab is for on the new 2010 mailbox archiving task :)