cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eDiscovery of WAV, Video, FAX

MarkOlsen
Level 4
All:

One of the things I've been thinking about is technically the need to be able to search non-traditional file formats such as voice mails stored as WAV files, FAXes stored as TIF's and videos stored as WMV, and text in pictures.   To my knowledge, EV does not currently have the ability to OCR or perform speech to text conversion (hint for new module!).

How are other firms handling this?  Are you using third party products?

Thanks ... Mark
4 REPLIES 4

R_Meeker
Level 4
Hi Mark

To my knowledge there are no speech to text facilities, however there are OCR capabilities for indexing so should be searchable view DA.

I refer to OCR for PDF purposes, what are you thinking of on the OCR line.

M

MarkOlsen
Level 4
Regarding OCR, what I'm thinking about is old fashioned TIF images, which are typically faxes that might be capable of being converted to html and then indexed.  This seems like a potential enhancement to EV.

Regards ... Mark

Archive_Andy
Level 3
Hi Mark,

I realise that this is an older thread, but in case you have not found a solution yet, my firm has developed a couple of tools that can import faxes into Enterprise Vault, which would allow indexing of the faxes.  The tools are called RightFax importer and Merge1.  You can get more information at www.archivebetter.com .

Andy

anshpans
Not applicable
Some thing intresting about the windowx fax scan as a TIFfFconverter , i convert all my document into tIFf if necessary through this program

Any file to tiff converter