cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail import from Exchange mailbox?

ALI_2
Level 3

Hello,

I have installed Enterprise Vault 2007 SP4. And I want to import some users exchange mailbox to EV. But I don't know how to do..

So, I don't want to PST Migration. Just my aim, decraise Mailbox's MB on Exchange..

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Ali,

Welcome to the forum...

I do not mean to be rude, but this is the basic principal of Enterprise Vault. You set it up, so it archives mails (with attachments!) out of the mailboxes, and leaves only shortcuts, thus minimizing the mailbox size.

I strongly advise to print and read the install and configuration guide, and the administration guide. (in the documentation folder). If you are to manage a semi-large environment, consider taking the EV Admin I and II course. That will save you troubles in the future. 

Good luck!

Gertjan 

Regards. Gertjan

ALI_2
Level 3

Hello

I just wanted to user's mailbox to EV with automaticly. I know EV is creating shotcut and decrease mailbox size. yes I want to this but automaticly. Otherwise, I go to near of user pc, I choose old mails and send to EV for archvie... If thinking all users, I have take so many time.. I hope so explain what I want to do..

Thank you so much

patrickkuah
Level 6

i don't really get it.. EV can archive automatically, you just need to schedule it ..

patrickkuah