cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mailbox deleted from exchange, what about the vault?

Poly
Level 3

Hi,

I've ask our integrator about the following scenario:
User that has an archived mailbox leaves the company.
The user's mailbox is deleted from the exchange server and totally purges itself after a month.

What happens in the Vault server?

I was told that the vault account of the user will not be deleted automatically but only manually.

Is there a solution to this kind of problem?

We are a service provider company, and we have users that leave on a daily basis (customer service).
It is impossible to follow 4000 employees...

Help please!

Poly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Brian_Day
Level 6
You've got it right, nothing happens. :( We're stuck in the same boat, but over 34k people to keep track of. I wish we had the option to move the users into some kind of container/dumpster like Exchange does.

Message Edited by Brian Day on 03-31-2008 01:12 PM

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Brian_Day
Level 6
You've got it right, nothing happens. :( We're stuck in the same boat, but over 34k people to keep track of. I wish we had the option to move the users into some kind of container/dumpster like Exchange does.

Message Edited by Brian Day on 03-31-2008 01:12 PM

cubicleslave
Not applicable
I have the same question... I have a large number of users who are no longer with the company and that have User vault archives.  Said users have had their AD user accounts deleted and their Exchange mailboxes purged.  Now what?  This is impacting my daily incremental tape backup of the User Vaults, backing up these dead users vaults.

Q. Can I archive a "dead user vault" or move it somewhere and then purge it from the EV database, but still be able to restore emails from those users from the Journals? 

Blair