Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outlook keeps looking for PST files when opening outlook

Jeff_Daniels
Level 3
Partner
Hi All,
Outlook keeps looking for PST files when opening outlook after a PST migration.
Is there anyway so outlook dioes not look for the old PST file after a migration.

Best regards

Jeff Daniels

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Olivian_Retezan
Level 4
You can find the setting to remove the migrated PST files like this (on a EV 8 machine):
- the EV server console go to "Enterprise Vault / Directory / <Site_name> / Policies / Exchange / Desktop
- open the properties of the policy that is applied to the users and select the Advanced tab
- check that List items from: is set to Outlook
- there is a setting called "Remove PST entries" and modify the setting according to your need
0 - don't remove the PST entries from Outlook profiles
1 - remove from the Outlook profile if the PST was deleted from the original location
2 - remove from the Outlook profile if the PST is set to read-only
4 - remove from the Outlook profile if the PST is set tohidden

Please let me know if you need further help on this.

Hope this helps.
Olivian

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

bsteiner
Level 3
In Outlook, click file > Data File Management. Select the pst's causing the problem and hit remove.

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified
You can also set you Mailbox policy to remove the PST from the profile after migration.  There are several options such as "don't remove", "remove if the PST has been deleted", "remove if the PST has been set to Read-Only". 

The option is the your mailbox policy under the Advanced Settings tab.  Use the drop box and select Outlook or Desktop depending on version.  Should be an option called "Remove PST Entry".

Remember this is under the Mailbox policy and not the PST Migration Policy.

stewlis
Not applicable
Where do I find the Mailbox policy settings to change the options for removing PST files after migration?  I use Outlook 2007.  I was able to remove the troublesome pst file from File > Data File Management successfully, but I'd love to know where the other settings are.  Thank you for the help!

Olivian_Retezan
Level 4
You can find the setting to remove the migrated PST files like this (on a EV 8 machine):
- the EV server console go to "Enterprise Vault / Directory / <Site_name> / Policies / Exchange / Desktop
- open the properties of the policy that is applied to the users and select the Advanced tab
- check that List items from: is set to Outlook
- there is a setting called "Remove PST entries" and modify the setting according to your need
0 - don't remove the PST entries from Outlook profiles
1 - remove from the Outlook profile if the PST was deleted from the original location
2 - remove from the Outlook profile if the PST is set to read-only
4 - remove from the Outlook profile if the PST is set tohidden

Please let me know if you need further help on this.

Hope this helps.
Olivian

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Do you need any more info here?
Please mark a post as a solution if it fits your needs.

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.