cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

""Failed to perform the search request" using Search Vaults feature

EV_Wanabee
Level 4
Hello everyone,

We have one user (soo far) that is unable to perform a search on her archive using the "search explorer" tool.

I have tried 5 other users and they are all fine, including myself, and I am on the same Archive store as her.

I have found postings that refer to this error but they all point to the actual archive store needing re-indexing as opposed to just individuals.

Have you got any tips as to how I can resolve this for just the one person?

EV 6.0 on Windows 2003 SP2, clients on XP
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Now days indexes are not normally corrupted.  Most corrupt indexes I have seen is from Hardware config or AV scanning.

Failed doesn't equate to corrupt and an update will normally get you back in business.  In EV 2007 there is also a repair option if Items are found to be missing.

regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MirrorSphere
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi,

Its probably a corrupt index.

Try going into the installation directory of EV on the server.

i.e. C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\

Depending on your version you should see a utility called either ManageIndexReplay.html or IndexVolumeReplay.exe

You will be able to use these utilities to rebuild the failed index for the user.

Hope this helps.

EV_Wanabee
Level 4
Thanks for the reply,

I'd gone away in the meantime to see if i could figure it out and found the IndexReplay tool which allowed me to update the corrupted archive Index.  Didn't have to rebuild it despite it saying it had failed.  I thought a failed index could only be rebuilt.

But in the end it's sorted now so thanks for reading and replying.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Now days indexes are not normally corrupted.  Most corrupt indexes I have seen is from Hardware config or AV scanning.

Failed doesn't equate to corrupt and an update will normally get you back in business.  In EV 2007 there is also a repair option if Items are found to be missing.

regards,